Thursday 20 August 2015

Something about GDAD

Today, it is a great honor to visit the GDAD show in school exhibition room. The show is well curated because each exhibit has been displayed in a suitable place.

Throughout the show, the most powerful work in my opinion was some works in ‘Lo Studio’, it is not in my major though. The main reason why I like them because the main idea that is about creating a new collection of Chinese ceramics and company brand surrounding this, which I can got when I first saw the works.


However, ‘A Sailing Process’ is little disappointingly for me because what the idea from was not connect with the real project location. After I had an interview for the designer, I got that his idea source was about something symbolic instead of the terrain or surrounding. Maybe it will be improved in the future main course. Also, compared with other work in the show, his final exhibit, whatever the picture or the model, was little rough. After all, this major is hard and he just has been learnt about architecture a year, I believe he can do better in the future. In the interview, I found it is clear to see a link between the work and the future course, because he learnt to use several softwares to finish his work, which is quite useful to learn his major, whatever in main course or in his future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment